The number of digital subscriptions of AS Ekspress Grupp increased by 62% year-over-year across the Baltic States (8% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 134 947 at the end of December.
- The number of digital subscriptions of AS Ekspress Meedia that publishes the news portal Delfi, newspapers Eesti Päevaleht, Maaleht, Eesti Ekspress and several popular magazines increased by 51% year-over-year (3% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 74 873.
- The number of digital subscriptions of AS Õhtuleht, 50% of which is owned by Ekspress Grupp, increased by 52% year-over-year (9% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 20 992.
- The number of digital subscriptions of Geenius Meedia OÜ, that has been part of Ekspress Grupp since 17 December 2021, more than doubled year-over-year (20% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 4 100.
- In Latvia, the number of digital subscriptions of Delfi A/S increased by 57% year-over-year (17% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 17 549.
- In Lithuania, the number of digital subscriptions of Delfi more than doubled year-over-year (18% in the 4th quarter) and totalled 17 433.
The Chairman of the Management Board of Ekspress Grupp Mari-Liis Rüütsalu commented:
“In the 4th quarter of 2021, digital subscription growth of the key periodicals and in the key markets of Ekspress Grupp continued. Additional digital growth is primarily attributable to new customers. Latvia and Lithuania where until now the number of digital subscribers was lower demonstrated the fastest growth. The Estonian market also continued its fast growth in a year-over-year comparison. However, in the last quarter growth decelerated in the outlets with the highest number of subscribers. Still, we are witnessing continuation of moderate growth also in Estonia.
The addition of digital subscriptions will have a positive impact on the results of operations of Ekspress Grupp as it provides a stable revenue base in addition to online advertising sales and confirms that the group’s long-term strategic direction is appropriate.“
Detailed overview of digital subscriptions
|AS Ekspress Meedia||74 873||72 860||3%||49 696||51%|
|AS Õhtuleht Kirjastus||20 992||19 198||9%||13 820||52%|
|Geenius Meedia OÜ||4 100||3 411||20%||1 931||112%|
|Delfi AS (Latvia)||17 549||15 030||17%||11 143||57%|
|Delfi UAB (Lithuania)||17 433||14 786||18%||6 595||164%|
|Total Ekspress Grupp||134 947||125 285||8%||83 185||62%|